Shortly after 11PM on Tuesday night, FWFC was dispatched for a gas leak outside in the 700 block of Honey Run Road. Shortly thereafter, the call was upgraded to a building fire as numerous callers reported a gas leak with fire. Captain 88 arrived with a 2 story middle of the row townhouse with a an active gas fed fire and also electrical arching. Engine 88 laid a supply line in and stretched a hose line. Additional personnel began evacuating adjacent homes. An additional hose line was stretched from E88 to the rear of the home and it was determined that there was fire in the home. 88's crew along with Ladder 18 (Montgomery Twp) knocked down all visible fire inside the home and began to open up walls/ceilings to expose hidden fire. A secondary supply line was laid by Squad 7 as a precaution. PECO arrived on scene, secured the gas and electric and the situation was under control. The remaining fire was extinguished and all units cleared the scene at 1:25 AM. Thanks to Wissahickon, Horsham, Montgomery and Ambler EMS for the assistance.
Description provided by Fort Washington Fire Co.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?