COL’s Lifelong Learning for Farmers model promotes prosperity by blending social capital and banking services with the innovative use of information and communication technologies (ICTs). This model can enable many thousands of poor farmers, men and women, to learn and earn. COL's programme:
• Adopts/adapts the L3F model in different jurisdictions
train a cadre of “knowledge info-mediaries” to scale up the L3F model;
• Works upstream by helping agricultural universities use ODL to design better education and training programmes;
• Helps research organisations to apply science to the challenges of rural development and to provide services to resource-poor communities;
• Consolidates and scale up pilot grassroots activities through policy advocacy and capacity-building; and
• Works with a global network of strategic partners to promote L3F and extend the use of knowledge info-mediaries.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?