Larry Wessels, Director of Christian Answers of Austin, Texas/ Christian Debater (websites: BIBLEQUERY.ORG, HISTORYCART.COM, & MUSLIMHOPE.COM; videos: see hundreds of videos by Larry Wessels on GOOGLE VIDEO, YAHOO VIDEO or AOL VIDEO) is joined in studio by Dale Delony, Director of Peaceway Productions for an analysis of the Religion of Atheism. "Webster's New World Dictionary" defines Atheism as "the belief that there is no God, or denial that God or gods exist." "The Philosophy of Religion," page 4 states, Atheism is "the belief that there is no God of any kind." In some cases Atheism has been defined as a self induced psychological mental condition usually acquired not at birth but later in life as a placea for dealing with reality.
Madalyn Murray O'Hair, in her book, "What On Earth Is An Atheist," said "Man is capable of mastering the forces of nature ... Materialism's faith is in man, and man's ability to transform the world by his own efforts ... not to hope for heaven beyond the grave." B.C. Johnson in his "The Atheist's Debater's Handbook" says "The Atheist may claim to know that God does not exist." Modern Atheism is not simply the absence of belief in God. It is actually an attack on God, a rebellion against God and a challenge to God.
Atheism suffers from the following deficiencies:
1. Philosophically Absurd
2. Scientifically Erroneous
3. Morally Bankrupt
4. Socially Destructive
5. Aesthetically Impotent
6. Humanly Degrading
Logical Errors of Atheism:
1. Erroneous to assume that refuting the opponent's theory will automatically prove Atheist's theory is true.
2. Erroneous to assume that merely giving an alternate explanation for something automatically refutes any other interpretation.
3. Erroneous to assume that arguments for or against the existence of God have any logical or material bearing on whether God exists or not.
4. Erroneous to use arguments from silence to establish a position for making pronouncements on the basis of silence.
5. Erroneous to use self-refuting arguments.
Atheists are not born as atheists but they become atheists later in life.
This is episode #1 in a series of 3 shows.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?