© 2010 Raul Gomez Valverde
"Will it blend?", 2010
Video (HDTV, 1080p), color, sound
The video "Will it blend?" is inspired by the homonym online viral campaign by BlendTech, in which a kitchen blender is used to ground up hard objects, such as golf balls, marbles or an IPhone.
In this case, the process includes cutting up and mixing books of philosophy and critical theory, while the voice of four philosophers questions essential notions about thinking, love, culture or the existence in the universe.
Blended books are:
- Theodor Adorno y Max Horkheimer, Dialectic of Enlightenment.
- Jaques Rancière, The Politics of Aesthetics.
- Michel Foucault, Power, truth, strategy.
- Ludwig Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus.
- Jürgen Habermas, The Philosophical Discourse of Modernity.
- Fredric Jameson, Postmodernism, or, the Cultural Logic of Late Capitalism.
- Gilles Deleuze y Félix Guattari, A Thousand Plateaus.
- Slavoj Žižek y Glyn Daly, Conversations with Žižek.
- Jacques Lacan, The Four Fundamental Concepts of Psychoanalysis.
- Immanuel Kant, Critique of Judgment.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?