"Dream Lover" is a song written and recorded by Bobby Darin on March 5, 1959. It is considered a soulful rock song. The song became a multi-million seller, reaching #2 in US charts and #1 in UK. It was released as a single on Atco Records in 1959. In addition to Darin's vocal, the song features Neil Sedaka on piano. A picture sleeve was also issued for this record.
The song is also featured in the movie "Hot Shots!" (starring Charlie Sheen) during a scene in which Sheen's character performs several stunts on a motorcycle, trying to impress a girl. The song was also used in Michael Apted's movie "Stardust" (1974) and Barry Levinson's debut film "Diner" (1982).
* The song was covered by the Paris Sisters, an American "girl group", circa 1964. Their version can be heard as the background song of the 1965 experimental short film, "Kustom Kar Kommandos," produced and directed by Kenneth Anger, in which a young man dreamily hand-dusts his beautiful customized automobile while the music plays.
* The song was covered by Billy "Crash" Craddock in 1971 on the Cartwheel label and became a country hit.
* The song was covered by the punk band Plasmatics in 1979.
* The song was covered by Glen Campbell and Tanya Tucker in 1980.
* "Dream Lover" was recorded by Glenn Shorrock, former lead singer of Australian super group Little River Band, in 1979.
* A cover was released by Ricky Nelson in 1986, recorded in Memphis Sessions in 1978-79.
* The song was covered by The Misfits on the Project 1950 album.
* The song was covered by British singer-songwriter Marc Almond on his 2007 covers album Stardom Road.
* Australian singer Jason Donovan recorded the song
for his album "Let It Be Me" (2008).
* The song was covered by Dion & the Belmonts.
* The song was covered by Horace Andy.
* The song was covered by Daniel Johnston.
* The song was recorded in 2008 by Australian singer Alfio for his album Classic Rewinds
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?