As part of the Young People’s Participatory Theatre (YPPT) project, Arts Council England is supporting a range of projects that will:
- take risks, push boundaries, extend new ways of working
- demonstrate practice that leads to positive outcomes
- explore opportunities for promotion and wider application of best practice both regionally and nationally
- demonstrate the potential for lasting learning and outcomes across the sector.
The findings of Paving the Way, the mapping exercise of the youth and participatory theatre sector, were shared with young people on the national and regional youth councils. From this consultation, three key project areas were identified that also aligned with Arts Council priorities:
- projects engaging young people with disabilities
- projects involving disadvantaged young people, those at risk and/or hard to reach
- projects involving culturally diverse groups
Organisations were invited to submit ideas for the Pilot projects and apply to manage and deliver them. All projects are required to be tracked and accurately monitored for evaluation purposes, particularly to identify positive trends and increases in the numbers and range of young people taking part.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?