Carmen Alesandra Coddington was born July 20, 2006 in Mazatenango, Guatemala. We accepted her adoption referral one week later and brought her home on January 10, 2007. Carmen appeared perfectly healthy and we were so happy that our beautiful Guatemalan princess was doing so well. On October 15, 2007, Carmen was diagnosed with Tay Sachs AB Variant, a rare genetic, degenerative neurological disease.
The past few years have been hard, as we have watched Carmen lose her huge smile, hearty laugh, sight and her ability to move or cry. We have experienced moments of deep sorrow but also moments of great joy. God provided everything we needed for Carmen’s care. He surrounded us with family and friends who were not afraid to walk this path with us.
Carmen has forever changed who we are and for that we are truly grateful. She has taught us unconditional love and the value of every life. We will miss her more than words can say. We know that one day we will see Carmen again and she will be smiling, running and playing. So, for now, we live with hope!
Carmen, you are home.
We hope and pray that this service encourages you. Thanks for watching! If you would like to know more about Carmen's story, please visit beautifulcanvas.org.
Funeral Service Program, with links to corresponding videos:
* Welcome and Prayer - Wesley Coddington
* Video: "He Never Lets Go" - Prepared by Dave Coddington (vimeo.com/3152749)
* Music: "Our God is in Control" - Kerri Kuiters, accompanied by Dianne Webber and Stan Wood (vimeo.com/14949932)
* Eulogy - Wesley Coddington (vimeo.com/14967098)
* Video: "Letter to Carmen" - Prepared by Tina Lutz and Dave Coddington (vimeo.com/13784262)
* Music: "How Great Thou Art" - Lauren Taylor (vimeo.com/14960638)
* Pastoral Message - Dr. Frank Pedreira (vimeo.com/14971030)
* Video Slideshow: "With Hope" - Prepared by Dave Coddington (vimeo.com/14905772)
* Benediction - Wesley Coddington with a cameo appearance from Lauren Coddington (vimeo.com/14980746)
Special thanks to:
* Rob Cole from Elite Video Solutions (elitevideonow.com) for filming the service
* Rashmi Pappu (rashmipappu.com) for permission to use some copyrighted photos within the "He Never Lets Go" and "With Hope" videos
* Beth Kubovcik (sugarrushphotography.com) for permission to use some copyrighted photos within the "With Hope" video slide show
* Melanie Reyes (melaniereyesphotography.com) for permission to use some copyrighted photos within the "With Hope" video slide show
* Sarah Mattingly (sarahmattingly.com) for permission to use some copyrighted photos within the "With Hope" video slide show
Technical Specifications: video shot primarily on HVX200 by Rob Cole, video inserts shot on Canon 5D Mark II by Dave Coddington, photos shot on various Nikon and Canon cameras; graphic overlays created by Dave Coddington; edited within Final Cut Pro and Soundtrack Pro with a little color correction in Color.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?