Gorta's vision is of a world where there is no hunger. We focus on:
- water and food security that sustains life
- healthcare that saves lives
- education that empowers
- livelihoods that create prosperity.
Our primary targets are the poorest, most disadvantaged communities in sub-Saharan Africa. Our priority countries are Kenya, Malawi, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
We are committed to the principle of empowering communities and helping them to help themselves.
We also support specialist academic institutions focusing on agriculture and agro-forestry.
But none of our work would be possible without the continued support of others:
- Our Partner Organisations in our countries of operation
- The Irish Government, Irish Aid and our patron - The President of Ireland
- Other NGOs that share our goal of eradicating extreme hunger and poverty from our world
- private sector companies that understand they have a contribution to make
But the most important contribution of all does not come from any one organisation or institution:
It is our indispensable network of donors and volunteers from every community in Ireland.
Gorta would like to thank each and every person who has supported our life-saving work.
Because of your support, Gorta has been able to successfully implement over 2,000 projects in some of the poorest places in the world.
Never under-estimate the difference you can make by getting involved, or how many people will whisper quietly from a distance....
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?