Look Closer is literally the story of me walking about my back yard and using the Macro lens to get a little closer to things that we may pass by on a daily basis without thinking of. (I used various equipment for this film, which I have detailed on the Vimeo page for the clip.) What is key to note is that most of the close up shots of the leaves towards the end of the film were shot completely handheld with no physical stabilization at all. The rest of the shots were on a tripod and/or on a Kessler Pocket Dolly. The shots are graded, but I offer stills during this article that have not been significantly changed.
* Canon 5D Mark II
* Canon 100mm F2.8L IS Macro Lens
* Kessler Pocket Dolly Traveler V2
* Manfrotto 501 HDV head
* Manfrotto 546BK Tripod w/ball mount
* Marshall 5" HDMI On-Camera Monitor
* Edited with Final Cut Pro
* Soundtrack Pro (music comes from included royalty free library)
* Graded with Magic Bullet Looks
* Opening Graphics created in Apple Motion using Volumetrix V2 filter by Industrial Design
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?