When it first opened in 1878, Maryhill Burgh Halls was topped by a dramatic octagonal cupola, featuring an air vent topped by a landmark wind vane. This was removed some time in the late 20th century when it became unsafe.
Part of the restoration of the building involves the replacement of a replica cupola to return the building to its original appearance.
This replacement structure is now starting to take shape in the workshops of specialist contractors Hutton & Read Ltd.
The video shows the leadwork being shaped and moulded into place.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?