Good, quick, cheap – pick any two. Localization project managers will tell you this project triangle is the way it has to be. We recently posted this question on several LinkedIn groups in order to hear the opinions and insights of a wide variety of fellow industry professionals (customer and vendor-side) and, oh boy, it seems like everyone has a strong opinion on this topic.
The discussion on LinkedIn really took off and we decided to take this discussion to a different level and actually have industry experts talk about it in a virtual Roundtable.
We were able to recruite panel group of opinionated and expert industry players from the translation-side, localization vendor-side, internationalization-side, content development-side, tools and technology-side, as well as from the customer-side to discuss this topic:
- Roundtable facilitator: Erin Vang, Owner of GlobalPragmatica
- Renato Beninatto, President of the European Language Industry Association (ELIA)
- Jessica Roland, Director Product Management – International Product Operations & Accessibility at EMC
- Jennifer Beaupre, Director of Global Marketing at acrolinx GmbH
- Adam Blau, Director of worldwide sales at Milengo
- Adam Asnes, President & CEO at Lingoport
- Mylène Vialard, Owner and Senior Translator at Mylene Vialard Translations
- Daniel Goldschmidt, Co-founder at RIGI Localization Solution
- Henk Boxma, Co-founder at RIGI Localization Solution
- Kirti Vashee, VP Enterprise Translation Sales at Asia Online
The goal of this virtual Roundtable is to stimulate debate, learn about our challenges, discuss potential solutions, etc. and see if we can come away with new ideas that will help us cope with the “Fast, Cheap, and Good Quality” triangle.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?