Claude Gordon, Daily Trumpet Routines (Carl Fischer, 1971), 129-133.
Inverted Minor 7th Arpeggios
Things to remember when you practice
1. 5 times 10 breathing exercise before beginning
2. Practice each model for 3 days
3. Breathe when necessary (not on last note)
4. Push out ALL the air on last note – until shaking
5. Add the upper octave where it’s comfortable
6. Rest as long as you play (finger and sing through each line)
7. BIG BREATH – CHEST UP – SHOULDERS BACK (NOT UP)
8. WATCH THE TONGUE
9. LIFT FINGERS HIGH – STRIKE THE VALVES HARD
This exercise is part of a customized 5 part lesson plan. My teacher, Bruce Haag is a certified Claude Gordon instructor, and the practice routines he assigns serve to set goals for progress and to help the student understand exactly what is causing the progress.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?