Copyright © 2011 Rafael Asquith, All Rights Reserved. Feel free to contact for reproduction or commercial purpose.
In this Tutorial:
0. Camera Raw: Export HDR Tiff
1. Camera Raw: Export non HDR Tiff
2. Photomatix Pro: Setting and export HDR Tiff 16-bit
3. Name Mangler: Renaming HDR files
4. After Effects: Import HDR Tiff sequence, applying effects and export 4K
5. After Effects: Import non HDR Tiff sequence, applying effects and export 4K
6. After Effects: merging HDR 4K + non HDR 4K and exporting final HDR 4K
7. Final Cut: Export 4K to 1080 and some motion
8. Final Cut: Widescreen 2.35:1 and Colour Correction
9. Quicktime Pro: Export h.264 and 2.35:1 aspect ratio
• Shooting in RAW format
• Open sequence in Camera Raw and export different exposure levels (-2,-1,0,+1,+2), don’t forget to select .TIFF
• Open in Photomatix Pro the first sequence of the very first image with different exposure levels and have fun with Photomatix. Once you have finished, please don’t forget to save your settings, we’ll apply it later to the whole sequence.
• Well, applying our previous settings to our sequence and exporting our HDR files ☺
• Importing in AE both sequences, HDR and non HDR to get 2 4K video files (deflicker and focus if necessary)
• And here it is, after merging in AE both video files (remember non HDR file over HDR file and opacity to ±40 %) export our final HDR video file. Once again ☺
• Finally in Final Cut exporting 4K to 1920x1080 and applying colour correction and final aspect ratio.
• Quicktime Pro for the final video format to upload to Vimeo.
Software used in this video:
• Adobe Camera Raw adobe.com/
• Photomatix Pro hdrsoft.com/
• Name Mangler manytricks.com/namemangler/
• Adobe After Effects adobe.com/products/aftereffects/
• Final Cut Pro apple.com/es/finalcutstudio/finalcutpro/
• Quicktime Pro apple.com/quicktime/extending/
Watch a tutorial about how to export 2.35:1
• Granite Bay GBDeflicker granitebaysoftware.com
All my workflow is based on the tutorials that you can see in this web lookycreative.com/
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?