We (I and Angie) started this project few months ago when we finished our last audio work called "Too Far" (featuring the vocals of Angie). The track is not (yet hopefully) signed to any label (in case somebody bothers to Google it) simply because we haven’t released it yet - we kind of wanted the video to be available too, plus we haven’t decided which label to target – if you have any suggestions, please shoot.
Regarding the video – when we started this project, I personally envisioned this video like a stream of time lapse videos – just something simple to go along with the track. Nothing fancy, just some images that hopefully would emphasize the relaxation tendency of the track. So we went one night out to shoot some "test material", just to figure out some technical details, to see how the d7k behaves in low light, how I can get the best of it in various conditions etc. We had our shots in several locations and we thought "hey, we can actually shoot everything now" – so that’s what we did, we went in all locations, set everything up and shoot all the night time lapse scenes. I was quite happy with the material and the next day we shot all the slomo day scenes. I started to edit the material and felt comfortable with it so I’ve decided to use it in the video as it is. Unfortunately, our expectations grown meanwhile, when in fact the product remained basically the same. We had ideas about new different angles, scenes, lighting etc, but we did not have any more time to shoot. Now we are not exactly satisfied by the results, but we’ve decided to post it anyway because we won’t invest any more effort in this project.
Some tech details:
Camera: Nikon D7000;
Lenses: 18-55mm/F3.5-5.6 Nikkor kit lens, 50mm/F1.8 Nikkor, 55-200mm/F4-5.6 Tamron, 135mm/F2.8 Vivitar, 70-300mm/F4-5.6;
Mic (for vocals & ambiental city sound): Samson C03U;
- my MemRec for recording;
- my Final Audio for vocal mastering;
- ImageLine’s FL Studio 8 /w various VSTs for sound design / mixing the audio track;
- Sonic Foundry’s Sound Forge 4.5 for various sound editing / mastering the final track;
- Adobe’s After Effects 7.0 (/w Twixtor, Optical Flares) for some scenes effects / compositions;
- Lee’s VirtualDub for color grading most of the night scenes and various post processing / compression;
- my CineFX for color grading most of the day scenes;
- my Frame Process for various effects (batching of: packed frame blending, frame decimation, motion blur, zoom, rolling shutter unrolling, time resampling, frame dropping, frame rate fixing etc);
- my FFMPEG Media Converter (using FFMPEG) for easy batch converting from Nikon’s H264 on MOV into HuffYUV on AVI;
- Pure Motion’s Edit Studio for putting everything together;
All the night shots (except the drive time lapses) were shot on a common photo tripod, all other shots were hand-held (mostly due to bad scheduling). Sorry about the poor sharpness. Everything was shot in Iasi / Romania in case you wonder.
Hope you enjoy it as it is and will not fall asleep during the watch. Feedback of any kind will be highly appreciated.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?