Compilation of speeches from Nicole Watson, David Shoebridge and Chris Graham at the Rally to Stop the Intervention on Sunday, March 20th, 2011, in Sydney, Town Hall.
To mark the UN International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, Stop the Intervention Collective Sydney (STICS) is organising a rally in central Sydney.
We are demanding:
- Stop the NT intervention - no to racism!
- Make all laws subject to the Racial Discrimination Act1975
- Welfare rights for all - no income management
- Land Rights not Leases
- Real Jobs not BasicCards
These control measures remain in place:
- Government Business Managers on Aboriginal communities
- Signing over Aboriginal land for 5-40 years before housing or services are offered
- Racist alcohol and pornography bans
- People will still not have access to the Racial Discrimination Act to challenge these measures
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?