The LBS SIG Presents...
Challenges and Opportunities of Indoor Location
Have you had problems finding your way inside? Perhaps at the Las Vegas Convention Center during the Consumer Electronic Show with no idea on how to get to that meeting? Many of the mobile applications integrate location but typically when you go indoors, finding your way can be a challenge – such as in a huge shopping mall or finding your gate at the airport
With new hybrid positioning technologies breaking through the market, they are expected to drive the mobile location-based services market to exceed $12 billion by 2014. The cost of establishing location capabilities into devices has hit an all-time low. So low in fact that location is now expected to be in most portable devices, from mobiles to tablets, assets to vehicles.
The market potential for location and positioning technologies has exploded, everyone wants location everywhere.
Topics that will be discussed on this panel include:
· How is data collected along with privacy issues and the role of crowd sourcing
· What are the differences of rendering maps indoors versus outside
· Are POIs (Points of Interests) inside of POIs used
· How is indoor positioning done What is offline and online
· Is E911 capable of indoor positioning
· What is the role of augmented reality with indoor positioning
· What are the killer apps for indoor services - Museums, airports, campuses, shopping malls, etc.
· Are indoor-focused APIs for mapping and advertising needed by developers
· Where does indoor not make sense
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?