This is a tutorial using AE CS5.5 and Trapcode Particular for creating an interesting transition effect within an image or logo text. In this particular example, I intro the idea of using a particle field to create a more organic looking 'wipe' effect for a color change/background reveal that will be constrained within the text shape. Topics include:
1. Brief history of mattes and travel mattes and how they were used in early special effects
2. Creating a track matte out of a moving particle field
3. Creating the transition using a combination of luma and alpha track mattes...
The basic layer structure:
1. Particle Matte
2. Text or Object with track matte from particle matte (luma)
3. Text or Object as a new matte
4. Background color/texture with text track matte (alpha)
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?