Zithromax is used for:
Treating infections caused by certain bacteria. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.Zithromax is a macrolide antibiotic. It slows the growth of, or sometimes kills, sensitive bacteria by reducing the production of important proteins needed by the bacteria to survive.
How to use Zithromax:
Use Zithromax as directed by your doctor. Check the label on the medicine for exact dosing instructions.
* Zithromax is usually given as an injection at your doctor"s office, hospital, or clinic. If you will be using Zithromax at home, a health care provider will teach you how to use it. Be sure you understand how to use Zithromax . Follow the procedures you are taught when you use a dose. Contact your health care provider if you have any questions.
* Do not use Zithromax if it contains particles, is cloudy or discolored, or if the vial is cracked or damaged.
* Keep this product, as well as syringes and needles, out of the reach of children and pets. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials. Ask your health care provider how to dispose of these materials after use. Follow all local rules for disposal.
* To clear up your infection completely, use Zithromax for the full course of treatment. Keep using it even if you feel better in a few days.
* If you miss a dose of Zithromax , use it as soon as possible. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. Do not use 2 doses at once.
Ask your health care provider any questions you may have about how to use Zithromax.
Possible side effects of Zithromax:
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome:
* Diarrhea; headache; loose stools; nausea; stomach pain; vomiting.
Seek medical attention right away if any of these SEVERE side effects occur:
* Severe allergic reactions (rash; hives; itching; difficulty breathing; tightness in the chest; swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue); bloody stools; chest pain; dark red raised areas of the skin; hearing loss; pounding in the chest; ringing in the ears; severe diarrhea; stomach cramps/pain; yellowing of the skin or eyes.
This is not a complete list of all side effects that may occur. If you have questions or need medical advice about side effects, contact your doctor or health care provider.
Proper storage of Zithromax:
Zithromax is usually handled and stored by a health care provider. If you are using Zithromax at home, store Zithromax as directed by your pharmacist or health care provider. Keep Zithromax out of the reach of children and away from pets.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?