** WINNER OF THE 2012 TENDERFLIX FILM FESTIVAL, LONDON **
Architecture is a system of signs that structure patterns of social use, but what happens when a building falls into disuse and no longer serves the function for which it was originally intended? Does it continue to transmit its own secret signals? Codified Space creatively links the eroded direction signs embedded in the material structure of a car park with modulated site specific sounds. Supported by Norwich University of the Arts, UK.
Selected for screening at the following festivals/channels:
• The London Short Film Festival 2012 - New Shorts 11: The Architecture of Re-Assurance programme, on Monday 9th January, 2012 at 6.15pm at the Hackney Picturehouse. The screening was in collaboration with Passenger Films passengerfilms.wordpress.com/about/ who hold regular screenings around cultural geography. I participated in a panel discussion following the screening.
Programme link: shortfilms.org.uk/events/2012-01-09-new-shorts-11-the-architecture-of-reassurance
• The International Short Film Competition of the 25st Stuttgarter Filmwinter 19-22 January, 2012
• The 6th Flatpack Festival - 'Pick'n'Mix' programme which screened on Friday 16th March (2pm-5:30pm) at the festival hub in the Custard Factory, Digbeth, Birmingham. URL: flatpackfestival.org/event/picknmix1
• Selected for broadcast on SOUVENIRS FROM EARTH ( sfe.tv ) an independent Art TV Station on the European Cable Network which broadcasts a 24/7 art program in France and parts of Germany reaching 10 million viewers. The film will also be promoted at the channel's permanent installation at Palais de Tokyo in Paris which is similar to an extended museum space. Screenings will take place for a period of 12 months from September 2012 onwards.
• Winner of the TENEDERFLIX film festival 2012 tenderpixel.com/tenderflix2012.html . A curated screening programme was held on 9th October, at the lower gallery of TENDERPIXEL. - I participated in a short Q&A after the screening. The award was announced on 1st November and I received a cash prize of £500 from gallery founder Etan Ilfeld. The festival runs from 1- 3 November, 2012.
Local news coverage: edp24.co.uk/news/video_norwich_tutor_s_film_about_anglia_square_car_park_claims_festival_s_top_prize_1_1679936
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?