REDUTO MARÍA CRISTINA.This angular bastion was built in 1837 in order to reopen the passageway on top of the Wall which had been blocked in parts and thus improve the city’s defence in the middle of the First Carlist War. The defence refuge carries the name of the reigning queen María Cristina.TORRE DA MOSQUEIRA.All the towers originally had a two floor line of defence above the round passageway on top of the wall. Each floor contained a series of windows with half or semi circular arches. This tower is the only conserved archaeological example of these structures though it was slightly modified in the 19th century. Lugo.

Loading more stuff…

Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?

Loading videos…