In partnership with the Teresa Lozano Long Institute of Latin American Studies , ArtesAméricas promotes cultural dialogue in the Americas through the performing arts. In addition to presenting the best performing artists from throughout the hemisphere, ArtesAméricas supports events and programs that serve as catalysts to broaden the understanding, appreciation, and support for the performing arts, by:
• Sponsoring lectures, workshops, master classes, and other events before and after performances to create opportunities for audiences and artists to interact.
• Creating comprehensive materials on artists and their countries to contextualize the experience of the art forms presented for audiences and the community.
• Sharing the University of Texas at Austin’s vast academic and educational resources with audiences and artists.
• Planning, facilitating, and executing educational and professional exchanges throughout the hemisphere, especially with faculty, staff, and students from the College of Fine Arts , including The Butler School of Music and The Department of Theatre and Dance.
• Encouraging the presentation of Latin American and US Latino artists throughout the United States.
Since its inception in 2002, ArtesAméricas has worked with dozens of artists from across the hemisphere on a wide variety of activities.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?