ELEVENTH SUNDAY AFTER PENTECOST
AUGUST 28, 2011, 8:30AM SERVICE
CROSSLAKE LUTHERAN CHURCH (ELCA)
ANNOUNCEMENTS & TRANSTION TEAM REPORT
CONFESSION & FORGIVENESS -- pp. 94-96
PRELUDE: “I Surrender All” (Arranger: Philip Keverin)
* HYMN #879 “For the Beauty of the Earth”
(1: All; 2: Women; 3: Men; 4-5: All)
* GREETING, KYRIE, PRAISE CANTICLE -- pp. 147-149
* PRAYER OF THE DAY (in unison)
Holy Triune God—Father, Son, Holy Spirit—you bear incredible suffering on our behalf. Give us minds to contemplate your compassion and hearts to embrace your mercy, that we may be merciful, compassionate disciples who willingly offer ourselves for the sake of the world. Amen.
ADULT CHOIR ANTHEM
1ST READING: Jeremiah 15:15-21 …Thanks be to God!
2nd READING: Romans 12:9-21 …Thanks be to God!
* GOSPEL ACCLAMATION -- p. 151 Alleluia, Lord…
* GOSPEL READING: Matthew 16:21-28
…Glory to You, O Lord. ~ …Praise to You, O Christ.
* HYMN #798 “Will You Come and Follow Me”
APOSTLES’ CREED – p. 105
* PRAYERS OF INTERCESSION
* THE LORD’S PRAYER – p. 154, right column
* OFFERTORY (from W&P #22 by Marty Haugen)
"Bring forth the kingdom of mercy,
bring forth the kingdom of peace;
bring forth the kingdom of justice,
bring forth the city of God!"
Go in peace; love your neighbor! Thanks be to God!
* HYMN #660 “Lift High the Cross”
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?