Interview of Jason Allcorn, creative director of [re]design, by Guillaume Delannoy for Sublime Magazine.
[re]design is a non-profit organization which holds innovative, engaging, accessible events for public, design trade and business audiences throughout the year. [re]design supports and promotes design that’s responsible and friendly to people and the environment.
Its aims :
* Inspire designers to make sustainability a core consideration, and an opportunity rather than a constraint.
* Entice and motivate consumers to make more sustainable choices, learning about the stories behind the products we invite into our homes and rethinking our domestic waste and energy use.
* Help manufacturers to discover new sustainable design and more sustainable materials, processes and systems.
* Show specifiers and purchasers that “good” choices can also be gorgeous.
* Enable retailers to seize the opportunities presented by the demand for sustainable products.
* Encourage government and the public sector to tap into the power of design to create positive environmental and social change.
(c) September 2011
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?