This is the making of CG short film 'Vehicles & Streets' which is produced entirely by Zblur VFX company.
Stills & more: behance.net/gallery/Elements-The-Making-of-V-S/2249196
The completed short is here: vimeo.com/29836774
Element One: STORYBOARD AND PRE-VISUALIZATION - 00:20
Element Two: TEXTURES, SHADERS, CONCEPT ARTS AND DESIGN - 00:59
Element Three: 3D MODELING AND TEXTURING - 02:06
Element Four: MATTE PAINTING - 04:24
Element Five: DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS OF VEHICLE BEHAVIOR - 04:48
Element Six: DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS OF VEHICLE DRIVER - 05:46
Element Seven: GASEOUS DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS - 05:59
Element Eight: LIQUID DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS - 06:34
Element Nine: RIGID AND SOFT BODY DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS - 07:19
Element Ten: PARTICLE SYSTEM SIMULATIONS - 07:31
Element Eleven: DYNAMIC SIMULATIONS OF VIRTUAL CAMERA - 08:02
Element Twelve: COMPOSITING, COLOR GRADING AND MASTERING - 08:19
Yes! The header image of 'Photorealistic CG Animations & VFX' group is from here.
'Elements: The Making of 'V&S'' was featured on The CG Motionbox:
The CGBros Channel:
& Strictly VFX:
FACTS & STATISTICS
- 'V&S' including 17 shots (2K).
- Stuff members: 2 artist (Velichkov Bros.)
- Year of release: 2011
- In production: More than 3 years (due to repeated long-term interruptions and conceptual changes).
- Actual duration of the production: Less than 3 mounts.
- All pre-visualizations were made in January 2008.
- Almost all CG input renders were made in early 2010.
- There are more than 650 000 000 (650M) polygons (excluding millions of particles) included in one scene only. This exists in several scenes.
- There are between 250 and 300 layers (including passes, adjustments and FX) used in a single scene (in some scenes).
- Average layers: More than 180 per scene.
- No scene with less then 100 compositing layers exists.
- The longest shot lasts more than 35 seconds.
- There is a live footage in shot 8 (the car driver).
- Ready made VFX or live footages have not been used.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?