Try this American Classic dish "Spiced Up" with that Arabic flare to make Kefta Hamburgers. Dress it up how you like and enjoy a new twist on a juicy, mouth watering burger. Whether you're grilling it up or making mini Kefta Burgers for a party, this classic Mid Eastern recipe is a delight when served up with all the right yummy sides such as potato salad, cole slaw or any side dish you can "Spice Up.
2 lbs Ground Beef or Ground Turkey
1 bunch Fresh Parsley, washed and finely chopped
1 Red Bell pepper, washed and finely chopped
2 tablespoons Ground All Spice
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
2 tablespoons good Olive Oil
8 Hamburger Buns
1 lrg Beef Steak Tomato, thinly sliced
1 lrg White Onion, thinly sliced
3 Dill Pickles, sliced
8 Lettuce Bibs
Ketchup & Mustard to taste
1. Preheat your grill or oven to 375 °F.
Chop or process the washed parsley until fine. Set aside and repeat the same process with the red bell pepper.
2. In a large mixing bowl or flat baking dish, mix the meat, parsley, bell pepper, salt, pepper, olive oil, and all spice together with your hands.
3. Make 8 indentations or sections with your fingers to get 8 hamburger patties. Take each section and cup them into balls until you have a nice thick patty that when patted down, makes a nice size hamburger patty.
4. Oil the grill and place the patties over the fire. If baking, place the patties on a flat, covered with foil baking sheet, for the same amount of time. Grill for 15-20 minutes, turning them over only once after about 7-10 minutes. Once the patties are cooked to your preference, remove them from the grill or oven and set them on a plate, covered with foil to keep them juicy until ready to serve.
5. Serve on a hamburger making station that consists of the hamburger buns, sliced veggies, ketchup, mustard or any preferred condiment. Get creative and have fun with it.
6. These Kefta Hamburgers go great with Potato salad, Lentil salad, Hommus, or what ever your hearts' desire.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?