PyCon Ireland 2011. (Radisson Blu Royal Hotel 2011 - 8th Oct 2011)
Speaker: Paul Barry
At PyCon Ireland 2010, Paul described his experience of working with Python 3 in creating O'Reilly's Head First Programming and Head First Python (both of which target Python 3). As a big fan of Python 3, Paul suggested that all Python 2 programmers needed to at least try Python 3 as soon as was practical, if not embrace it for all "new" work. In this talk, Paul provides an update on the current status of Python 3 and discusses the community's adoption (or lack of) the latest version of the Python programming language, talking about what has changed in the year and a bit since last year, as well as describing his own experience of working with Python on recent consultancy projects.
(Level: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
Link to talk:
- Robert Murphy and Susan Bourke for videoing the talks on Saturday.
- Tim Kersten for providing an extra roving camera on the day.
- Post-Production: Robert Murphy
- All the volunteer session chairs
- And you, who made this conference possible by helping and attending! :-)
More details: python.ie/pycon
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?