This was the presentation of the ongoing performance piece ¨The Time Has Come And The Time Is Now¨ at the STEIM Micro Jamboree. Below is further information on the ideas behind the performance. Link - onemannation.com/
Analog mush in this piece comes from the use of several self-built piezo contact microphones to pick up the ‘found sounds’ or mechanical sounds created through using my instruments, this is as far as one can get from technological complexity. The contact microphones will be strategically placed to pick up specific sounds created by
- button presses on the Monome computer interface
- fader and knob movement on the midi controller
- furniture noise caused by equipment moved during a performance, hand drumming
on table/chair/floor, chair screeching from body movements accidental or otherwise
This ‘technological enhancement’ will be the only added hardware to the current performance setup. Other elements that the performance consists of
- playing with a given space and audience
physically moving through a watching audience, thus dissolving the line between performer and audience.
- manipulating psychoacoustic perception
the use of voice with and without microphone, amplifying or muting sounds picked up by piezo microphones.
exploring the risk in undetermined form, implying new notions of chance in its relation to art.
- using the environment as an instrument the environment at my disposal, I have used tables, chairs, drums, percussion, dolls, cymbals, shoes, sticks, necklaces and an endless array of found objects at a given venue as sound source.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?