Digital adaptation of the "prepared piano" ways of playing as first imagined by Henry Cowell and developped by John Cage in "Sonatas & interludes for prepared piano" (which aesthetic result is very close to his compositions for percussion quartet and Balinese gamelans) – using two TENORI-ON(s) and various filters.
N.B.- These rehearsals are part of a series of solo pieces inspired by John Cage's experiments for prepared piano and Colon Nancarrow works for mechanical piano.
See also previous videos : "Mechanical pieces on TENORI-ON(s)" and "Studies for two TENORI-ON(s)"
IF POSSIBLE USE HEADPHONES OR CONNECT YOUR COMPUTER TO A QUITE DECENT SOUND-SYSTEM.
Material in this video:
- 2 TENORI-ON(s)
- MI Audio Pollyanna Octave Synth
- Moog Low Pass Filter (MF-101)
- Moog Ring Modulator (MF-102)
- Jomox M-Resonator
- POG Polyphonic Octave Generator (Electro Harmonix)
- Space Echo (Boss RE-20) *only reverb used here
- Boss FV-500L (as expression pedal for LPF Resonance)
- Boss FV-500L (as expression pedal for RM Frequency)
- Boss EV-5 for Space Echo volume *not used here
Franck Smith Alternative digital technics Live Electronics Yamaha TENORI-ON MI Audio Pollyanna Octave Synth Moog Low Pass Filter MF-101 Ring Modulator MF-102 POG Polyphonic Octave Generator Electro Harmonix Moogerfooger Jomox M-Resonator Boss Space Echo RE-20 FV-500L EV-5 Studies for two TENORI-ON(s) Odiolorgnette Phonocrafting Noise manufacturing Zn'shñ John Cage Sonatas and interludes prepared piano Conlon Nancarrow player piano
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?