Dr. Marvin Resnikoff spoke at Binghamton University on 11/16/2011 about where the radioactivity from Marcellus Shale gas drilling goes after it comes up out of the ground. He discussed the DEC's currently-proposed regulations and described some gas-drilling-related problems in Texas. He then addressed numerous questions from the audience.
One fascinating (and frightening) tidbit from his presentation was that radon gas comes into people's homes along with natural gas when they use it for heating or cooking. Watch the video to see Dr. Resnikoff's staggering estimate of the number of additional deaths from lung cancer that are statistically attributable to this influx of radon gas.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?