Dr. Charles Colin, 100 Original Warm-ups (Charles Colin), 7-22
Things to remember when you practice
1. 5 times 10 breathing exercise before you begin
2. BIG BREATH – CHEST UP – SHOULDERS BACK (NOT UP)
3. Work toward speeding up the study
4. Models for each study: Single, triple tongue; slur three; slur measure
5. Rest where necessary
6. Rest for a few moments between each study
7. Rest whenever necessary on longer studies
8. Play entire study in one breath (if possible)
9. WATCH THE TONGUE
This exercise is part of a customized 5 part lesson plan. My teacher, Bruce Haag is a certified Claude Gordon instructor, and the practice routines he assigns serve to set goals for progress and to help the student understand exactly what is causing the progress.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?