Great British Chefs demonstrates how to make mayonnaise.
2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons of white wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, salt and white pepper
1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
300 ml or ½ pint oil of your choice
1. Mix the egg yolks, half the vinegar or lemon juice, salt and pepper and mustard.
2. Whisk the egg yolks for a minute until they thicken.
3. Add the oil one drop at a time as you whisk constantly.
4. Start to add the oil in a steady trickle as you whisk constantly.
1. If the mayonnaise is too thick for your purpose you can thin it with a tablespoon of warm water.
2. If it separates take a new egg yolk, a dash of water and whisk in a large bowl until the mixture starts to thicken, gradually whisk back in your split mayonnaise.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?