Here a video a the ArduMega board (2560 or 1280) with the firmware ArduCopter v2.1.1b (JLN update for X-Plane) connected on the X-Plane simulator throught the APM Planner in HIL mode. The QuadCopter QRO has been modelized for X-Plane v9.0 (or greater) so as get a closest replication of a true QuadCopter UAV.
This is a very good method for testing all the features of the ArduCopter firmware. For conducting a such test, only an ArduMega board (APM1280, APM2560, APM2) is used, no IMU shield or sensor are required here...
- Receiver: Turnigy 9X8C v2 connected to the APM board
- Transmitter: Turnigy 9x
- APM planner v1.1.1x
- ArduMega board (APM v1 or APM v2)
- firmware ArduCopter v2.x.x + the JLN mod for X-Plane
- Software: X-Plane v9 or greater
- QRO_X: the quadcopter model (by JLN) for X-Plane
More infos at:
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?