Arvid talks about how society today has forced some to feel that the meaning of life is based on money and possessions. Is financial peace is a prerequisite for spiritual peace?
Readings and references:
• William Ellery Channing, My Symphony “…to live content with small means…” bit.ly/wN1ZE3
• Suze Orman suzeorman.com/
• Suze Orman, “The Money Class” (Amazon Affiliates Book) amzn.to/rUOsLN
• Robin and Dominguez, “Your Money or Your Life” (Amazon Affiliates Book) amzn.to/Au8SZo
• Robin and Dominguez, The Fulfillment Curve (pg 6) bit.ly/ACMUzo
• The Missional Church (“…to question cultural norms…”) para 15 bit.ly/xS7j9d
• Gamblers Anonymous Recovery Program bit.ly/zZwDbl
• Managing Compulsive Shopping bit.ly/xiBqOc
• Generosity Offering: UUA (Unitarian Universalist Association) uua.org/
• A Collage of Readings About Money, from Keys to Spiritual Fulfillment, Sun Jan 8:
- Never just work for money or power. They won't save your soul or help you sleep at night. (Marian Wright Edelman)
- Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons. (Woody Allen)
- No one can serve two masters. You will love the one and not the other. Or hate the one and not the other. You cannot serve God and money. (Jesus)
- Beware of enterprises that require new clothes. (David Henry Thoreau)
- Money often costs too much. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
- Whoever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know where to go shopping. (Bo Derek)
- The love of money is the root of all evil. (Paul the Apostle)
- Go out in the world and work like money doesn't matter. Sing as if no one is listening. Love as if you've never been hurt. And dance as if no one is watching. (Anonymous)
Visit the First Church website at firstuusandiego.org
To financially support our values, please go to bit.ly/k5NVRm. Thank you.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?