City of Salisbury, North Carolina
COUNCIL MEETING AGENDA
February 7, 2012 - 4:00 p.m.
1. Call to order.
2. Invocation to be given by Mayor Pro Tem Kluttz.
3. Pledge of Allegiance.
4. Recognition of visitors present.
5. Council to consider the CONSENT AGENDA:
(a) Approve Minutes of the Special Meeting of January 11, 2012, the Recessed Meeting of January 12, 2012 and the Recessed and Regular Meetings of January 17, 2012.
(b) Adopt a Budget ORDINANCE amendment to the FY2011-2012 budget in the amount of $5,479 to appropriate insurance proceeds.
(c) Adopt a Budget ORDINANCE amendment to the FY2011-2012 budget in the amount of $183,077 to appropriate grant funds from the US Department of Homeland Security under the Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response (SAFER) grant.
6. Council to receive Highlights and Goals presentations from the Human Relations Council, Planning Board and the Zoning Board of Adjustment.
7. Council to consider issuance of a special use permit for SUP-02-11 A Little Sumthin Sumthin, 117 West Innes Street:
(a) Swear in those persons testifying at public hearing
(b) Ex Parte Disclosure
(c) Hold a public hearing – present evidence
(1) Receive testimony from staff
(2) Receive testimony from proponents and opponents
(d) Findings of Fact
(e) Decision – Council to consider issuing a special use permit for A Little Sumthin Sumthin, 117 West Innes Street.
8. Council to consider adopting a RESOLUTION approving the Local Water Supply Plan.
9. Council to consider awarding a contract in the amount of $32,800 to Martin Starnes & Associates, CPAs, P.A. for auditing services for Year 2012.
10. Council to receive a report from staff regarding traffic on West Thomas Street between Main Street and Fulton Street.
11. Council to consider appointments to various Boards and Commissions.
12. Interim City Manager’s comments.
(a) Quarterly Financial Information.
(b) Other comments.
13. Mayor’s Announcements.
(a) Salisbury City Council will hold its 27th Annual Future Directions and Goal Setting Retreat February 9-10, 2012.
(b) The City of Salisbury is seeking applicants for the newly created Housing Advocacy Commission. Applications are available online at salisburync.gov under the Boards and Commissions tab. Applications are also available at the City Clerk’s Office located at 217 South Main Street, or by calling 704-638-5224.
(c) Other Announcements.
14. Council to go into closed session concerning a personnel matter as allowed by NCGS 143- 318.11(a)(6).
Council meetings are streamed live at salisburync.gov/council/webcast.html
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?