p. 181, as written
Saint-Jacome, Grand Method for Trumpet or Cornet (Carl Fischer, 2002), 178, 181.
Things to remember when you practice
1. 5 times 10 breathing exercise before you begin
2. 3 models per day (p. 178)
3. Rest where necessary
4. ACCURACY BEFORE SPEED
5. BUILD UP - DON'T TEAR DOWN
6. BIG BREATH - CHEST UP - SHOULDERS BACK (NOT UP)
7. LIFT FINGERS HIGH - STRIKE THE VALVES HARD
This exercise is part of a customized 5 part lesson plan. Click here to see the entire plan thesystematicapproach.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/haag_20120308.pdf
My teacher, Bruce Haag is a certified Claude Gordon instructor, and the practice routines he assigns serve to set goals for progress and to help the student understand exactly what is causing the progress.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?