* Arch Linux 64bit on Thinkpad T420S with intel 320SSD, using EFI and GPT, dm_crypt, lvm2 and ext4.
* much of the time consumed is me typing in the password to unlock the encrypted block device, the unlocking takes a few seconds as well.
* grub2 (efistub would be a bit faster)
* boots straight into Xorg/AwesomeWM
* standard Arch initscripts (no systemd or whatever)
* standard Arch initcpio
* networking is not reconfigured during boot. The interface has an ip and can be used straight away. However networkmanager is run in case I want to connect to a wlan or get a new dhcp lease.
* activating swap .... [FAIL] is a bogus error. I have no swap.
System is installed like so: github.com/Dieterbe/aif-configs/blob/master/dieter-t420s
Filmed with nokia n900.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?