The fourth discussion in the Tech Field Day/Packet Pushers Virtual Symposium with Brocade, this video focuses on Ivan Pepelnjak's conception of "hard cores and soft edges" in networking design. Joining Chip Copper, Principal Engineer at Brocade, are Greg Ferro, Ivan Pepelnjak, Derick Winkworth, Tom Hollingsworth, and Tony Bourke.
Ivan Pepelnjak leads a discussion of virtual machine networking and tenant isolation. The panel discusses the following issues:
- Virtual "soft switch" capability
- Cisco UCS VM-FEX and Arista EOS VM Tracer
- Brocade Automated Migration of Port Profiles (AMPP)
- Security implications of flexible network automation
- Does a virtual chassis concept address the challenges of dynamic virtual infrastructure?
- Convergence of networking and storage
- Long-distance virtual machine motion
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?