Did you know that 2/3 of all PET plastic (soft drink, water bottles, etc) that are put in the recycler end up in the landfills and our oceans? There's a reason for the phrase Reduce, Reuse, Recycle... in that order. Here's a great way to reuse your glass beer and water bottles in just a few simple steps with easy to find materials.
Glass Beer Bottle
Sand Paper (various grits)
1. Apply tape around bottle for a cutting guide
2. With controlled force, score a ring around the bottle
3. Place bottle in freezer for 5 minutes
4. In the meantime, boil water in large pot
5. Remove frozen bottle and run hot water over the scored crack
6. Alternate running cold water over crack
7. Repeat hot, then cold, then hot until top falls off
8. Sand edge smooth with a variety of sand paper grits
9. Enjoy responsibly
"Set the Flight Course For Infinity"
©Korduroy 2012 - korduroy.tv/shows/d-i-why-not/beer-bottle-pint-glass
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?