On the evening of the 9th of May 2012, the European Commission and Europeana organised together with the Danish Presidency an event for Ministers from the Education, Youth and Culture (EYC) Council, senior leaders of European memory organisations and
leading figures in the creative industries. The aim of the event was to raise awareness of Europeana among citizens and to demonstrate that online cultural heritage is a driver for growth.
Official statements by
- Michel PRAET, Member of the European Council President Cabinet
- Neelie KROES, Vice-President of the EC in charge of Digital Agenda
- Uffe ELBAEK, Danish Minister for Culture
- Bruno RACINE, Chair of the Europeana Foundation and President of the "Bibliothèque nationale de France"
- Summary of key conclusions from the seminar "Culture for Creativity" by Nigel SHABOLT, Professor of Artificial Intelligence (AI) at the University of Southampton
- Moderated discussion with EU Ministers
- Closing Remarks by Jill COUSINS, Executive Director Europeana Foundation
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?