It's no secret that it can be really difficult to maintain your fitness and overall health when so many of your days are spent in the office. Employees can develop carpal tunnel from repetitive wrist movements and a constant deficiency in circulation can cause a number of cardiovascular problems. There are, however, some great solutions to prevent discomfort and a deterioration in health while at work. Some of the best results come from employers that lead by example and implement programs such as a walking group or a push for ergonomics awareness.
A recent post on the [Nuesoft Blog](nuesoft.com/blog/?p=714&preview=true) shares some great advice when it comes to workplace wellness. In the featured Neusoft video podcast, I talk with Lindsey Coates about how to engage in a routine that works for everyone as well as how to encourage good habits and comfort. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Designate a coordinator to get everyone involved.
2. Create a board that will centralize all wellness information (leaflets, routines, leader board – if you want to make it a competition, etc.).
3. Walk as a group during lunch around the building or floor you are on.
4. Sit on a yoga ball for an hour a day while working on the computer. When your hour is up pass it to another team member.
5. Sign up as a group to do a 5k, softball team or other sporting activity. It’ll also promote morale!
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?