DISCOVER PRODUCTS AS IF YOU JUST BOUGHT THEM
Digital touch points have become crucial to reach consumers while they research and select products. In fact there may be only one hurdle left to turn digital commerce into the number one sales outlet: building online buying confidence. Thus far digital commerce has been mainly effective for buyers that were already motivated and confident. To drive the other 80% of consumers to action, brands are putting their products more and more into a personal context (i.e. display furniture in the context of styled living rooms). The most effective approach is to allow consumers to view what products would really look like in their own home. This is where INDG’s Augmented Reality app platform comes in.
SPARKING THE CONSUMER’S BUYING MODE
INDG’s AR app platform allows brands to offer consumers a unique way to discover, explore and play with products as if they already have them in their own home. By downloading an app, consumers can look through the camera on their smartphone or tablet and see what different products really look like from every angle. INDG’s AR app platform is therefore a key ingredient of an immersive customer journey that turns your customer’s initial interest into a buying mode. The higher levels of engagement offered through AR result in more educated consumers, less product returns and higher levels of satisfaction.
APPLICABILITY OF AR APPS
INDG’s AR apps help consumers get a better feel of the product’s design and measurements prior to purchasing them. AR apps show consumer all aesthetics of a product such as overall design, material, colour and measurements. This makes AR apps ideal for the presentation of high quality consumer products. Typical applications include:
- Home Decoration & Furnishing (Upload your own Room app for Quickstep)
- Consumer Electronics (TV Buying Guide for Philips)
- Domestic Appliances
STEPS TO DRIVE CONVERSION
Typically, INDG’s AR app provides the following steps to drive customers to action:
Spark imagination– Picture a product in your home and look at it from different angles.
- Playfully educate– While playing with the digital product, consumers can be presented with hotspots that contain animations, sound and information on highlight USP’s
- Personalize– Play with the product by changing properties such as sizes and colour and actually put the product in motion (e.g. making a cup of coffee)
- Drive conversion– As soon as the consumer has found the right product, the app will guide him to the next stage: locating a nearby store, referring to online retailers or ordering the products directly from the device.
- Advocate your Brand– A consumer’s enthusiasm offers a great opportunity to reach his/her peers. The customer is offered various options to share the AR app as well as any discovered products online.
ENGAGEMENT RELIES ON REALISM
In recent years, the reputation of Augmented Reality has suffered from a combination of poor user experience (UX) design and sometimes even poorer product visualizations. In most cases, apps were created by either pure IT companies with little experience in product visualisation and UX design, or by agencies with little experience in mobile app development. In this respect, INDG has a unique position with over 10 years of experience delivering a combination of photorealistic visuals and a solid experience framework for global brands such as Audi, Miele and Philips.
A large portion of marketing budget is spent on one-off campaign activities that often result in fragmented brand experiences and inconsistent customer journeys. INDG’s AR app platform is part of INDG’s Digital Engagement Suite. This suite offers a modular framework of engagement tools that enable INDG to help brands fundamentally drive online conversion and brand preference while saving operational expenditure on marketing and support.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?