This is just a quick tutorial, for starters, on how to encode in X264 using MeGUI. This tutorial isn't meant for those who already know what they're doing, but you are all welcome to leave comments and criticisms regarding my video. I certainly hope this video comes in handy for those who are completely lost and just want to get started. Below, I've listed some important information regarding the process of encoding in X264 that I also go over in the video.
Tutorial Encoding x264:
1. Sony Vegas
2. MeGUI x264.nl
1. Install MeGUI, AviSynth
2. Install MeGUI Profiles. Also updates itself
3. Render video in Sony Vegas (Video Only - AVI\Huffy)
4. Render audio in Sony Vegas (Audio Only)
5. Create Synth script (*.avs).
1) Write your own script according to Crest:
2) Use the script creator in MeGUI
Note: AviSource vs. DirectShowSource: Wiki says to use AviSource before using DirectShowSource. Usually, only use DirectshowSource when you're using files AviSource can't read such as DirectShow-only Codecs
6. Multiplex your Audio and Video
1. Try not to change the resolution of your principle footage.
2. If you must change the resolution, try not to change the aspect ratio of your footage
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?