LIFE ON THE HILL
"WHO CAN YOU TRUST?"
July 22, 2012.
2 Timothy 4:10.
By Rob Orr.
• Demas appeared to be a supporter of the Gospel & an encourager
to Paul (Col. 4:14, Philemon 24), but in the end deserted them both, 2
• The danger of loving the things of the world.
o Friendship with the world is enmity with God; James 4:4.
o The love of God is not in the things of this world; the things
of this world are not from God, & they are passing away;
1 John 2:15-17; also see 2 Cor. 4:18.
o The wisdom of this world is not from God; James 3:13-17.
• The danger of being a fickle follower of Christ; Mark 4:3-8 &
18-19, Rev. 3:15-16.
• Time is one of the most reliable tests of our faith.
o A true believer will endure (Mark 13:13), but a false believer
will fall away (1 John 2:19).
o God will keep a true believer in the faith, because He is
faithful; 1 Cor. 1:8-9.
o God is faithful, even when we are not; 2 Tim. 2:11-13.
• Jesus chose us out of this world, & has made us different than
the world; John 15:19.
• We are to be in the world, but not of the world; John 17:15-16.
• The security of our salvation rests in the immutability of God;
Num. 23:19, Mal. 3:6, Heb. 13:8.
• God will never desert a true believer; 2 Tim. 4:17, Matt. 28:20.
o A true believer will endure because of the strength & character
of God; Phil. 1:6
Sunday Morning at 10 a.m at
Rolling Hills Covenant Church Community Center
735 Silver Spur Road
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90274
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?