The Calvary Complex in central Slovakia was constructed by the Jesuits between 1744 and 1751. The complex is a remarkably intact ensemble of Baroque structures all connected with a purpose of higher calling…the Calvary, consisting of 22 buildings (19 small chapels and 3 churches) are linked by switch-back trails that climb a hill (the former” neck” of the volcano) and collectively present the 14 stations “Ways of the Cross”, scenes of the last days of the life of Jesus Christ.

Loading more stuff…

Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?

Loading videos…