Dr. Henry Humphrey is a retired obstetrician from Ithaca, NY who lived through the Great Depression, served as a naval medical officer in World War II, and built a thriving medical practice in Ithaca, NY while raising five children with his lovely wife Ellen.
Dr. Humphrey gave this talk as part of a lecture series at the Kendal at Ithaca Retirement Community in Ithaca NY. In this 50 minute, 40 second edited version of that talk, he discusses:
* "Old-school" anger management (i.e. throwing his boss into a cheese vat)
* Military service in the Atlantic and Pacific (and how he hacked the Armed Forces eye exam in order to enlist)
* How his pre-enlistment medical research revolutionized military burn treatment
* Meeting and marrying his wife Ellen and life in Ithaca, NY as he built his practice & delivered 3-5000 babies
* Treating Deborah Stagg, a severely mentally ill woman who performed a successful C-section on herself
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?