Here is a screen-grab from Ridley Scott's blockbuster PROMETHEUS. Shot on RED Epic, I loved the visual style of the film but honestly, I felt the color was a bit flat ;) It almost looks ungraded! But obviously, that was the look they were going for.
Graded in EDIUS 6.5 (10-bit)
* Curves (slight contrast adjust)
* Color Balance (slight increase in chroma)
* Mask (for eyes: sharpness, YUV and 3 way)
* 3-way with limiter for skin
* Mask (for darkened edges)
For more on color grading, please visit my blog: mattscottvisuals.com and click on the free tutorial links for EDIUS and soon DaVinci Resolve 9.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?