Tyler Green, editor of Modern Art Notes and columnist for Modern Painters, selected five ArtPrize installations from a list of 1,517 for his short list of two-dimensional work.
• “Disabilities and Sexuality” by Robert Coombs of Grand Rapids, Mich., Fountain Street Church
• “East View 1” by Conor Foy of New York City, Pub 43
• “Habitat” by Alois Kronschlaeger of New York City, Site:Lab
• “Identity Process Kings Queens” by Lora Robertson of Grand Rapids, Mich., Fountain Street Church.
• “Father’s Fathers” by Gudmundur Thoroddsen of Reykjavik, Iceland, Site:Lab
The ArtPrize® event is a radically open international art exhibition and social experiment. Since 2009, it has redefined how art can create community. It brings together an unprecedented conversation between people of all backgrounds and a critical dialog between the art world and the general public. Through a mix of public vote and juried prizes it distributes $560,000 in awards--the world's largest.
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?