A little test with a Particle Modifier I wrote recently. Note that this is *not* Thinking Particles, but the good old C4D Standard Particles.
The modifier implements some of the classic boid rules as described by Craig Reynolds in his 1987 SIGGRAPH paper "Flocks, Herds, and Schools: A Distributed Behavioral Model".
The boids will
- Try to stay in the center of the flock
- Try to keep a minimum distance to their neighbors
- Try to match the travel direction and velocity of their flockmates
- Try to target a given position
- Try to fly level / avoid steep rising or falling
- Obey a certain minimum/maximum speed limit
- Try to avoid colliding with obstacles
- Have a certain randomness that emulates a more natural behavior
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?