… But when Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, “Depart from me, for I am a sinful man, O Lord.” …
Paul Clarke expounds a passage from Luke’s gospel, chapter 5, verses 1 to 16 - Jesus calling the first disciples and then healing a leper.
The Bible translation we use at St Helen's is the English Standard Version (ESV). If you don’t have a Bible handy then here is a link to Luke's gospel, chapter 5 - esvbible.org/Luke+5/
Paul gave this talk on Sunday, 21th October, 2012; here at St Helen's, Bishopsgate, to our Sunday-morning
It continues the series of talks, "The Saviour's Manifesto". The seven earlier talks are:
1. "The Saviour Announced" on Luke 3.1-14 - youtube.com/watch?v=b1Qd5RbQB3c&feature=plcp
2. “The Saviour Identified” on Luke 3.15-22 - youtube.com/watch?v=H2bdrit-zQ8&feature=plcp
3. “The Saviour’s Connections” on Luke 3.21-38 - youtube.com/watch?v=JR-_S_XA_6E&feature=plcp
4. “The Saviour Proved” on Luke 4.1-13 -youtube.com/watch?v=-gcNsDUc1rk
5. “The Saviour's Mission” on Luke 4.14-21 -youtube.com/watch?v=whCfkIhoigA&feature=plcp
6. “The Saviour's Offence” on Luke 4.22-30 -youtube.com/watch?v=00dZ3AvFMpM
7. “The Saviour's Priority” on Luke 4.31-44 - youtube.com/watch?v=yBO8MdBaCUY&feature=plcp
To browse or search our archive of over 7,000 talks - or to subscribe to a podcast - please visit our church's website st-helens.org.uk/ - there's lots of other information there too.
We're in the City of London, only a short walk away from Liverpool Street Station; with meetings on Sundays and some weekday lunchtimes.
If ever you're in London you're always welcome to join us.
COPYRIGHT - ©2012 St Helen's Church, Bishopsgate, London
Your comments and queries are always welcome –
please contact our webmaster.
His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our reference for this video is SM12-043
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?