… But that you may know that the Son of Man has authority on earth to forgive sins”—he said to the man who was paralyzed—“I say to you, rise, pick up your bed and go home.” …
William Taylor, our Rector, expounds the passage from Luke’s gospel - chapter 5, verses 17 to 26 - where Jesus forgives the sins of a paralysed man, and then, so as to demonstrate his authority, cures the man's physical infirmity.
The Bible translation we use at St Helen's is the English Standard Version (ESV). If you don’t have a Bible handy then here is a link to Luke's gospel, chapter 5 - esvbible.org/Luke+5/
William gave this talk on Sunday, 21th October, 2012; here at St Helen's, Bishopsgate, to our Sunday-morning congregation.
It continues the series of talks, "The Saviour's Manifesto".
The earlier talks - some given by William, some given by Paul Clarke - are:
1. "The Saviour Announced", on Luke 3.1-14 - youtube.com/watch?v=b1Qd5RbQB3c&feature=plcp
2. “The Saviour Identified”, on Luke 3.15-22 - youtube.com/watch?v=H2bdrit-zQ8&feature=plcp
3. “The Saviour’s Connections”, on Luke 3.21-38 - youtube.com/watch?v=JR-_S_XA_6E&feature=plcp
4. “The Saviour Proved”, on Luke 4.1-13 - youtube.com/watch?v=-gcNsDUc1rk
5. “The Saviour's Mission”, on Luke 4.14-21 - youtube.com/watch?v=whCfkIhoigA&feature=plcp
6. “The Saviour's Offence”, on Luke 4.22-30 - youtube.com/watch?v=00dZ3AvFMpM
7. “The Saviour's Priority”, on Luke 4,31-44 - youtube.com/watch?v=yBO8MdBaCUY&feature=plcp
8. “The Saviour’s Commission”, on Luke 5:1-16 - youtube.com/watch?v=O5LGPAO6xmQ&feature=g-all-u
To browse or search our archive of over 7,000 talks - or to subscribe to a podcast - please visit our church's website st-helens.org.uk/ - there's lots of other information there too.
We're in the City of London, only a short walk away from Liverpool Street Station; with meetings on Sundays and some weekday lunchtimes.
If ever you're in London you're always welcome to join us.
COPYRIGHT - ©2012 St Helen's Church, Bishopsgate, London
Your comments and queries are always welcome –
please contact our webmaster. His email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Our reference for this video is SM12-044
Loading more stuff…
Hmm…it looks like things are taking a while to load. Try again?